Saturday, January 1, 2011

Santa's Cake


Holy Smokes! It has been a long time since I have posted a cake! I know I've done some, but I didn't take any pictures. Shame on me! Well, here is the cake I made for Christmas Eve. I wanted to try a new technique. It's a layered look. You cover the cake in one color of fondant and then another. Then you cut out shapes off of the top layer so you have a nice recessed look. This cake is a little less than perfect when it comes to its' shape, but I was trying a buttercream/raspberry layering on the inside. I'm going to have to figure out how to do that and make it even next time, but it tasted divine!!! My 4 year old son helped me make the fondant cookies on the tray, how cute is that?

1 comment:

  1. Anna you are so talented!!! You have made some pretty darn amazing, cute, incredible cakes. You totally inspire me! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete