Friday, March 25, 2011

Dora the Explorer Cake




I can't believe my sweet princess is turning 3, I swear she should be turning 5 or 13. She loves princesses, but lately she has been getting really into Dora the Explorer. She has gone back ad forth between which one she wanted for a cake. I thought I had persuaded her the best I could into a princess cake, but at last minute she opted for Dora. I was a little bummed, but I actually had way more fun with it than I thought I would, and most importantly, she loves it! We can't wait to celebrate her birthday tomorrow with our Dora Adventure Party!
Since she is all girly girl, I made a strawberry cake covered in strawberry butter cream so it will be all pink when we cut into it. The bottom layer is a dummy cake since our party will be rather small. The flowers, trees, letters, stars, and grass is made out of gum paste and everything else is fondant.

4 comments:

  1. Impressive!! I also love your Noah's arc cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! I love all the little flowers on the top. And the way you showed her name is so creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of talent! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so awesome. CAit is in LOVE with Dora right now. She needs a cake like that just because. Too bad you don't live close to me.

    ReplyDelete